Saturday, January 14, 2012

Almond Cloud Cookies

This recipe comes to you from Weight Watchers, via my mom! :) I made them today - so easy. So little ingredients and so tasty!

They literally melt in your mouth. Recipe says it makes 60. My batch yielded about 45.
I cut the sugar to 2/3 of a cup. Still a bit much for a Weight Watchers cookie, but still, they are yummy and a nice alternative to a heavier cookie to serve as a dessert. If you are following WW, two cookies is 2 points. (That is going with the original recipe. I'm not sure how the decrease in sugar aff
ects points, if at all).

ALMOND CLOUD COOKIES:
2 large egg white(s)
1/4 tsp table salt
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1 cup(s) sugar
1/2 cup(s) almonds, blanched, finely ground


Preheat oven to 250°F. Coat baking sheets with cooking spray; flour them lightly and shake off excess.
Beat egg whites, salt and cinnamon until soft peaks form. (The photo shows how stiff the peaks should be. I used my KitchenAide and beat the egg whites on high for quite a few minutes for the peaks to form).


Continue to beat while gradually adding the sugar. Beat until stiff peaks form. Fold in almonds.
Drop batter by tablespoonfuls onto baking sheets. Bake about 1 1/2 hours until firm and dry. (No, this is not a typo).
Store in airtight containers. Yields about 60 cookies; 2 cookies per serving.



No comments:

Post a Comment